Dr. Richard Carmona Award for Visionary Leadership
To be considered for this award, nominees must have been involved with: an impactful community program, developed innovative policies/programs for their agency or shown exemplary leadership during a time of crisis.
Learn more about the Award with this video.
EligibilityAnnual award where one Public Safety Leader is recognized for demonstrating a quantitative improvement to the local community or their agency. All nominees must run, manage or be involved in one of the following categories below to be considered for this award. If you are unsure if you qualify, please submit your story to email@example.com and the Axon Awards team will review.
- Cadet program
- Coffee with a cop
- School resource officers
- Used technology to solve a critical issue for their community
- Develop programs to support: mental health, finance and wellness
- Developing a mentorship program
- Recruiting + retention initiatives
- Introducing diversity into their organization
- Developing fitness programs for officers
- Developing internal policies to benefit their organization
- Fallen Officer
- Natural disasters
- Officer Involved Shooting
Award + Event ExperienceWe will recognize one winner annually at our Axon Accelerate Conference in 2024. The sole winner of the Visionary leader Award will receive the following:
- All expenses paid trip to our Axon Accelerate Conference
- Physical Visionary Leadership Award
- Monetary donation to program or charity
- Segment on First Responder Network
NOTE: This is a First Responder Specific Award and includes but in not limited to the following: Fire/EMS, Law Enforcement (sworn & non-sworn), Corrections.